Auntie Ann Knits

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Great swag!







Last Friday I went to a luncheon to benefit the Marin Abused Women's Services, since a friend of mine was on the board, and Anne Lamott, an author I like, was speaking. She was very, very funny and thought-provoking, and lookie what I bid on (and won!) in the silent auction:

Very purple, very me, very impractical. I think this will become a knitting bag for very small projects, since I can comfortably loop the handles over my wrist to knit in line. Fortunately for me, I don't spend a whole lot of time standing in line, so that doesn't bode very well for knitting progress by that method.

Today, I received three (count 'm, three!) packages in the mail. One was the fab Crazy Aunt Purl t-shirt (available through CafePress). Can't wait to wear it to the next SnB.

Package two was the Anthropologie sweater brought to my attention by Grumperina's blog, and the commenter who let us all know (thank you!) that it was on sale. Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where the monitor color lied to me. I thought "peacock" would be a lovely shade of blue, but instead it is green. Green! I'm allergic to green. I have virtually zero items of green clothing, and next to no decorative objects of green in my home. I would try the red one, but although I love wearing red, I'm extremely picky about my shades of red, so I don't think I dare to try it after this experiment with "peacock".

Package three was a great new knitting bag from BagSmith.

It has zillions of pockets, which should be great to load up with knitting tools, so that I should always (ha!) be able to find them. The price is good, too. Can't wait to load it up. I'm not sure this will be my "traveling" knitting bag, more like a central depository at home. I got mine from Rosie's Yarn Cellar, since I could not get the basket to work on the actual BagSmith site. Thanks, Rosie!

Lastly, here is my progress on the Shedir. Note the lovely stitch marker, part of a set made by my friend Carin last holiday season as part of our SnB gift exchange (sorry I stole these from you, Patty!).

Wish I had progress to report on my Sonnet for the KAL, but Shedir has been distracting me. I learned to do cables without a cable needle, thanks to Grumperina's site, which now feels very natural. I don't know how well it will work for me with cables bigger than 2 stitches, though, but we'll see. This is part of my progression to teach myself cabling -- Shedir, then the Celtic Cap, then -- Rogue! I so want a Rogue cardigan. Alas that my skills don't measure up to my wants.

2 Comments:

  • OOohhh, Love shedir! It looks great!

    Thanks for the kind words about my rogue grafting... I think you're up for it.. it's a great detailed pattern and the Rogue group is a big help. If you can do cables without a needle you're up for anything in the rogue pattern!

    Keep up the great knitting!

    By Blogger Sanders, at Monday, May 22, 2006 7:38:00 PM  

  • The Shedir looks very nice indeed...whats a shedir?

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home